Breakdown of the Judging Criteria for Finalists.
All 2020 judging will take into account the unique challenges and opportunities presented by exercise businesses, organisations and professionals under COVID-19.
The events of 2020 have impacted our industry in different ways. Success is not always measured in income or membership numbers. We have all been operating in new environments and with restrictions.
The 2020 Awards will acknowledge the challenges and successes for businesses operating in these times.
Points below are made up of evidence gathered in ALL entry stages.
- 10% Team – Management, staff support and development (including PT and Group Exercise as applicable). REPs registration
- 25% Member Support – Induction, complaints procedures, in gym and out of gym care and communications
- 25% Facility Elements – Layout, cleanliness, wow factor, services offered, Health & Safety
- 20% Third Party – Mystery shoppers, member experience, expert panels, NPS results
- 20% KPI – Membership management, entrant defined KPIs, brand values vs practice
PERSONAL TRAINER, UP & COMING PERSONAL TRAINER, EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR, EDUCATOR
- 50% Role related/ technical: Exercise technique, programme design, professionalism, confidence and values, working with other professionals
- 15% Education and Experience: Upskilling, keeping up to date with science and industry developments
- 10% Marketing
- 15% Standards: Health & Safety, client forms, scope of practice, pre-screening.
- 10% Third party: Mystery shoppers, participant experience
BREAKDOWN OF JUDGING CRITERIA FOR GROUP EXERCISE AND YOGA
- 80% Performance based criteria including technical, presentation, class components
- 10% Third party feedback
- 10% Education and up skilling
BREAKDOWN OF JUDGING CRITERIA FOR OUTSTANDING SUPPORT (FOR FINALISTS)
- 60% Job role: Job specific skills and knowledge, role within workplace, benefit to organisation.
- 15% Education and Experience: Upskilling, keeping up to date with science and industry developments.
- 15% Presentation and Standards: Professionalism, confidence and values.
- 10% Third Party: Mystery shoppers, participant experience.
BREAKDOWN OF JUDGING CRITERIA FOR PROGRAMME, INNOVATION & COMMUNITY
- 40% Technical: Programme design and set up, Programme outcome
- 15% Education and experience: Qualifications and Upskilling of the team.
- 15% Presentation: Online presence, marketing, professionalism and standards
- 20% KPI: Entrant defined KPIs, supporting data
- 10% Third Party: Mystery shoppers, participant experience