The winner of each category will be announced at the annual Exercise Industry Awards Ceremony on 10 December 2021
All finalists are listed in alphabetical order.
Independent Facility of the Year – For facilities that are stand-alone businesses.
- AUT Millennium – Auckland
- IHF Health Club – Christchurch
Franchise Facility of the Year – For facilities that are part of a franchise. – Sponsored by Debitsuccess
- Anytime Fitness – Cashmere, Christchurch
- Vision PT – Parnell, Auckland
- Vision PT – Takapuna, Auckland
Studio of the Year – Studios and specialist facilities.
- Adapted Yoga & Pilates – Christchurch
- Dynamic Bodies – New Plymouth
- Team Tash Training – Dunedin
- Yoga by Karma – Christchurch
Chain Facility of the Year – For facilities that are part of a chain of clubs
- Cityfitness – Newlands, Wellington
- Cityfitness – Newmarket, Auckland
- Les Mills – Hamilton
- YMCA Cameron Pool & Leisure Centre, Auckland
Supreme Facility of the Year – The best of the best.
- Selected from the winners of the above 4 categories.
INDIVIDUALS AWARDS CATEGORIES
Personal Trainer of the Year – Sponsored by AUT University
- Alana Joe – Wellington
- Bobby Yang – Hamilton
- Lorna Gorman – Christchurch
- Marwin Silerio – Auckland
- Mikiko Kusuda – Auckland
- Nadine Amsler – Waitangi
Up and Coming Personal Trainer of the Year – For Personal Trainers in business for less than two years.
- Bayley Garnham – Auckland
- Kathryn Roma – Hastings
- Olivia Brand – Christchurch
- Sophie Smyth – Wellington
Group Trainer of the Year –Instructors who lead group training sessions.
- James Durman – Auckland
- Kaori Hughes – Christchurch
- Kolotile Mataele – Auckland
Pre-Choreographed Group Exercise Instructor of the Year – Sponsored by OneMusic
- Alicia England – Auckland
- Marsha Rogers – Richmond
- Residelle Wark – Auckland
- Sarah Shortt – Auckland
- Shane Ingley – Auckland
- Tamati Wairepo – Christchurch
Freestyle (own choreography) Group Exercise Instructor of the Year – Sponsored by MyGroupMove
- Gina Minahan – Auckland
- Marlex Pagalunan – Auckland
- Mel James – Christchurch
- Shelly Rosher – Auckland
- Suli Tuitaupe – Christchurch
Yoga Teacher of the Year
- Mans Parsotam, Auckland
- Patrick Powdrell, Auckland
- Pooja Maddela (Dr), Auckland
- Rebecca Harford, Christchurch
- Zuri Brudenell, Paraparaumu
Outstanding Support Award – Individuals working in a support role in an organisation or a facility.
- Esther Williams, Auckland
- Gavin Berntsen, Auckland
- Jeremy Harford, Christchurch
- Karen Jenner, Auckland
Outstanding Leadership Award –Individuals displaying leadership and supporting growth through professional development, industry support or education.
- Gerard Fynmore, Hamilton
- Jodie Preston, Auckland
- Mandi Jones, Wellington
- Samantha Nicholson, Auckland
Community Contribution Award – Individuals or organisation offering exercise to populations that may normally find exercise difficult to access.
- CB Fit Summerset Retirement Villages
- Let’s Go/Boxing for Te Whare Tapa Wha – Dunedin
- She Moves Fitness Collective – Morrinsville
Community Instructor Award – Where exercise participation is encouraged in a population that would normally find such exercise difficult to access
- Amy Smith, Auckland
- Dionne Sasso, Hamilton
- Frances Beggs, Auckland
- Suli Tuitaupe, Christchurch
Programme Excellence Award – Programmes involving exercise nutrition or other lifestyle interventions. Sponsored by Com Marketing
- Generation 612 Functional Fitness – Auckland
- Can Move – YMCA Upper Hutt
- CB Fit Summerset Retirement Villages
- She Moves Fitness Collective -Morrinsville
Educator of the Year – A person supporting or training exercise professionals in a lecturing mentoring or presenting role.
- Dave Liow – Australia/NZ
- Cliff Harvey, Auckland
- Kirstyn Campbell, Auckland
- Moana Bennett – Auckland
Student of the Year – Nominated by their Education Provider – Sponsored by Les Mills New Zealand
- Ausage Fomai
- Amanda Wisnieski
- Theodorus Duncker
- Tomas Daza
- Pearl Murray
- Nina MacKay
- Jess MacLeod
- Guy Harrison
- George Sutton
The following awards are selected directly by the organisation and are not open for entry.
Exercise Association of NZ Award
Skills Active – Manukura Award and Te Iti Kahurangi Award